Sunday, May 16, 2010

Gloomy S.F. Days...

Stuck inside the other day & feeling a little dreary. There was a slight break in the rain, so I decided to brave the wind and take a walk to Japan town, hit a thrift store, maybe catch a movie and of course eat something.








I asked a tourist to take my picture in front of the monument at the Peace Plaza. It was weird there was no one around, no one with any sense anyway soooo cold and windy!

I usually walk down Post street. You know your there just follow the signs.


















Maybe it's my imagination, but it always seems to be cleaner in Japan Town.

Japan Town's Peace Plaza

Get your readers out. Hope you can read it, sorry so tiny. Pretty cool and sad at the same time. It makes me think about how hard it must have been for the Japanese community during WWII.


Too small to read, but here's the poem on the carving:
Foot steps lead to destiny
we dance honoring ancestors
who claim our home
and freedom to pursue our dreams.
Our voices carve a path to justice:
Equal rights for all.
We prevail.
Our future harvested from generations.
From my life
opens countless lives.
The journey continues...


Love the clean and cool architecture.












This store was featured in the April issue of San Francisco magazine.


 It's hard to see, but they always have some really cute fashion featuring japanese designers, usually very Harajuku girl.
I crave a bonsai, not sure I could keep it alive. I think I would keep pruning until it had nothing left because I never know when to stop. Maybe I'll try.
 
Sapporo-Ya! Home made ramen, worth the stop, located on Post street inside small Japanese shopping mall.













Entrance to resturaunt, always a line at lunch time, but worth the wait.









Corn vegtable ramen. Yumm, Yumm! Now I'm all warmed up and feel like I can make the trek home and not have to pull a "Bill" and cab it home...I love you hunny!

Our favorite theatre, The Kabuki. Love that you get to pick your seats when you purchase your tickets, a good thing if your a punctual person. I'm not, so thank goodness for Bill. They have a great little resturant & bar inside and the plus is it's always so clean!
Ichiban Kan. Fun to just say. The Japanese $$$ Dollar Store. I love it! 















I've always been a sucker for cool & funky packaging. It doesn't even matter if you can't read Japanese.














Ahhh! The candy aisle. The Japanese have the market cornered when it comes to jelly candies. How can you resist? Yum Yum!








Last stop. The Goodwill at Post & Fillmore. They must have former retailer's working there because it's the most organized thrift store I've ever shopped and they always have a cute display with some thought put into it. I appreciate that! 
 

Found a few goodies. A bustier by Trina Turk. Yeah! One of my favorites and only $5.49. I picture it with a pencil skirt and maybe my tatoo stockings...good in theory. We'll see.











Like my neice Chloe, I too have a obsession with stripes. It must be in the blood. A Talbot's "T" in perfect condition only $4.49.
Cute little bronze clutch only $2.49. Great for clubbing! LOL 

Cute "foodie" word blocks.
Not sure what these are or what I'll do with them,  I think they'll polish up nicely. They look like little miniature bath tubs.
Sayonara for now!



1 comment:

  1. haha. love your clubbin' clutch. we will have to make use of that!
    i especially love that you had a tourist take your picture. priceless.

    ReplyDelete