Monday, May 31, 2010

Thrify Girl Update!

Dying to wear it...I knew I would return to this little gem of a top someday. After several attemps, It finally made it's debut. On Friday, I was off to see my niece's performance in Pygmalion. Trying to get on the road before the early Memorial Day weekend traffic, I was of course running around the apt. stuffing things into a travel bag. I grabed the T.T. bustier and a black sweater (also a thrifty girl find and a never been warn item, to boot) without time to over think it.
I realized that "over-thinking" has always been my problem when trying to dress with effortless style. A couple months ago, I read this great article (story of my life, can't find it anywhere) about the writers quest to master the art of effortless S.F. street style dressing and how as a NYC transplant the "throw it on and go" mentallity elludes her. Anyway, she defined my problem to a tee. I was so relieved to know that I wasn't alone in my quest to concur the unique S. F. style surrounding me everyday. I learned early on in my relationship with the city that trying to get the "perfectly not put together look" wasn't as easy and effortless as it looks for some of us. Anyway, back to my win, besides maybe needing a bra with more padding to keep it firmly in place, I was happy that I actually wore the darn thing and my five dolloars and forty-nine cents hadn't gone to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment